Monday, April 09, 2012

CHAPTER 32


CHAPTER 32

Remembrances

Scorp ol’ buddy, I’m sending you this missive from a vacation hideaway somewhere in the Horsehead Nebula.

You wouldn’t believe it but I received a box this evening from the UPS (Ursa Packaging Systems) man - I thought it was an Uninteruptable Power Supply but it seemed to have something more lively inside.  I checked the routing label and found that its point of origination was a small planetoid in the Angels system, which is a suburb of the Lesser Magelenic as opposed to the Greater Magelenic - which may or may not be really greater depending on which resident Angelino you talk to.

I approached the box with some trepidation while my wife egged me on to get the darn thing open.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered a box of steller currency (Oc Dollars), trade goods and sentimental expressions of friendship and love for which I will be eternally grateful. 

The party you mentioned was a smashing success. The Hibunian (not pictured as he/she/it) was in stealth mode when the photo of you was taken so (he/she/it) is not in the picture.  The bra cones I was sporting had been placed in such a manner as to enhance my best features (according to the Fphilpiterky who attached them to me... but maybe they should have been used elsewhere - heh, heh!!).  That's why they wouldn't develop them.  The photo that is.  Of course, it may have been due to all the slime that was running down my chin after being given a celebratory kiss by one of the Gorgon sisters.  You know the one ones I'm talking about?  They look more like a mobile mass of amoebas held together with rubber bands, but they’re so kind hearted.  They really wanted to be "one" with me - I think they are related to the Borg in a primeval sense.

The last thing I remember was hearing Ford Prefect say as he was hitchhiking around the Galaxy, "How did I get here and where am I going?"

Anyway, Thanks for all the gifts and I'll see you at Milliways (the Restaurant at the end of the Universe).

Mikey (Hotshot) O'Dublain

p.s.  This mezzage was brought to you by Bousghsly!!  The beer that makes men drink and pass out!  Bzzztrrttcctchhhh...static..... cling.. use Star Bright the foaming detergent to get your whites > as bright as the sun.... ndle it mu  onger.   Seem > to  ave assed the bou  ary   ayer and feel etty streched out.. like goin   rom a blac out into  th   ild  lue yond ....

Heyyyy Hotshot, my main man,

Aaahh yes.  I remember this ... well ... most of it anyway.  The only difference I recall is what you wrote at the end of this ... wern't we simply looking for any intelligence at all?  Aaaahhh yes.  The memories return ......Hunh?  Oh yeah.  I remember what happened next ... ... hmmm ... I seem to have lost some energy in all those warps and worm holes.  I diverge.  I mean, I intend to diverge. 

Remember those worm holes on that wiggly moon of Praetoch T214?  Those worms were appearing and disappearing so fast that we almost got lost chasing them.  I am guessing that we popped in and out of at least a dozen galaxies and maybe an alternate universe or two.  Your quick thinking saved us from that maze of worm holes and those voracious worms.  I thought you had completely lost it when you lassoed the tail of one of those worms.  Then it was like ... hard to describe ... like skiing through worm holes and jumping through warp openings.  What a ride!    You were correct in guessing that it would eventually return home, where we started.  When we got there I turned on the invisibubble before that worm turned around and spotted us.  It was amazing that we both controlled our laughter as we attempted stealth to sneak away.  I don't know if all that confused those worms or if they were just glad to see us go.  Well, we learned an important lesson.  Never attach an auto-fire mini-stun device to the tail of a Hole Worm.   The screech was almost unbearable, not to mention the ensuing chaos I just mentioned above.  At least, that's how I remember it. 

Diverging back now ... ...

Good night my friend,

Scorpy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home