Saturday, January 30, 2010

CHAPTER 23

Shaking off the brain fuzzies I slowly opened my eyes. Right there in front of me was the last thing I expected. There was ... nothing! I tested my eyelids and realized that I had deceived myself and that in fact they were closed, no, open, no, closed. Realizing the circularity without singularity I forced a resolution to the fantasy vs. reality quandary before me. Thus I decided they were closed. Then I was able to open them in reality.

Right in front of me was the last thing I expected. (Note to self, get a new holoprojector). The Orieals were testing my responses. I was in some sort of laboratory. I could tell, because there was none of their mud or slime in the cave room. They seamed quite pleased with my reaction (choice). I wonder if they were trying to train me in some under fundamental way. Oh well, I shall never know. By the way, they are even delicious as sushi.

I staggered out into the lagoon. I staggered because I was over stuffed. Happily waiting was a scrawny Scavenger Warbird. It took wing immediately when it saw me staggering out all plump and round. Do not worry, I was able to snare it before it could get away. Those cheek fillets are such a delicacy on planet Howstrange that I could probably trade up for a fifth of Frolikin Fraud Fixins. Well, here's hoping.

I climbed into the little craft in the lagoon and proceeded to troll across to the landing on the opposite side of the isthmus. To my surprise, Captain Hotshot was waiting there, ON TIME! He explained that his timepiece was broken, otherwise he would have been customarily late, and apologized. As he stepped into the craft, the large lungefish I had hooked decided to make a run. I almost wet my suit as Captain Hotshot did a nice split! He redeemed himself with his remarkable agility with a full twisting back flip with a side-wise dismount squarely over his seat.

He would have pulled it off, if that seat pedestal hadn't been barstool height. His scream sent the lungefish off in a heroic run for the horizon! In tow we skipped over the water, which was rather rough out towards the center of the south water wastes. That set Captain Hotshot off balance and he promptly *reseated* himself on his seat. The subsequent screams sent the lungefish into further furies of escape. It was an incredible experience! That was the best fighting fish I ever caught (for its size). Oh, and Captain Hotshot explained that he was merely practicing for an upcoming play and that he was never hurt. He felt no pain. However, he slurred his words.

We spent the rest of the day fishing out of the window in a room of the infirmary. They were able to completely restore the lungefish.

Captain Hotshot insisted that next time he gets to choose the fishing spot. Well he did. But that's another story.

((Turning the adventure screen off now))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home