Sunday, December 07, 2008

CHAPTER 7 (Dreamstate 87 – AKA Holodeck hangover)

Everything is a little fuzzy as I wake up from a deep sleep. It almost feels like I was drugged. I seem to recall asking “Hotshot” Speaker if he had received some important information, but I can’t be sure if that’s real or … “Commander Speaker”, I ask in a subdued tone of voice, “Did you get the package?”

Silence….

Slowly a vision of exotic line dancers passed before my eyes. They were doing the ‘Texas Two Step’, which was odd as they hadn’t any legs. In fact, they hadn’t any arms either. Which made sense, since they were members of an obscure race of beings from the planet Sluggo. But where did they learn such moves??? “Computer, where is my copy of this mornings paper?”

The computer replied, “I didn't keep a copy you nitwit, besides you never specified that I get your news before nine.” So there I was, fuzzy headed, no copy, copy, coffee, coffee, coughing, coughing, coughing my lungs out from the noxious fumes spewing forth from the broken canister of Davarian bloat gas - god, how did this happen...

"Ensign Wedgly!", I called out, "Did you pack the antidote or are we going to have to break out the Tums?"

"By the way, how ever did Commander Speaker manage to execute that dance step? Here we are in zero G, during a test simulation and he manages to do a Louis XIV half quatrile without a partner for leverage and gets it down (up? sic) perfectly. What a fop he's becoming! Of course, the fact that he also managed to knock over the canister of Davarian bloat gas on his last pirouette..."

"Oh, oh!" I said as I watched Commander Speaker float back through the bulkhead hatch into the com area. His belly was distended like a rhino about to give birth to triplets AND he was still trying to master the follow-on dance step.

"Commander Speaker, you old fart... Say, that's the answer!! On the count of three, ..." A loud booming sound followed on the heels of a concerted grunt. The air turned even more foul smelling, (insert description here) as a gust of expelled flatulence was released into the ship.

Suddenly there was nothing but silence as everything faded from Black to Blue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home